Saturday, June 28, 2008

Moving Auntie Lorie

So, our kids are movers.


















Lorie Pukenis, aka "Auntie Lorie" to our kids, was blessed to move into a home three times the size of her previous place. It is really nice. I believe that she'd been wanting this place and praying for God to make it available for months and...he did!

As Lorie has three children and a grandchild of her own, she is a busy lady, but is often eager and makes herself "open" to watch our four children. She constantly reminds us of her desire to serve our family in this way - and fortunately we've been able to take her up on it regularly.

With Mark at the Brewers vs. Twins game in Minnesota, I wasn't sure I'd be able to rally the troops to help Auntie Lorie move. But God is good and our kids, especially our boys stepped up. We hopped out of the van to see almost all of her items laid out on the lawn. She had to return the moving truck to avoid accruing additional fees, so we looked at one another and the other movers (all non professionals) and Taylor started lifting things and taking them inside. He was all about getting the job done, setting a great example for Dylan, Sabrina and Veronica (and me too!).

This was a great opportunity for us to live out the scriptures that urge us to "spur one another on in good deeds" and having hearts to serve. Every child helped carry something and helped encourage our sister in Christ. For us, it was another chance to bond together in teamwork, helping work on something bigger than us. That is one of the best feelings I get when spending time with our family...the togetherness I sense that is weaving us into a stronger family unit.















I'm so grateful for relationships in the church. I got to know some other folks that I don't normally get to talk to and I got to see God in our children's hearts.

Thank you for moving Auntie Lorie!

No comments:

Post a Comment