Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hide the boys...

So, soccer season is over.

It was a fairly successful season. Dylan was told by his head coach (Tom, in the gray shirt) that he'd improved tremendously over the few months that he'd joined the team. I'm so proud of him. He learned terminology and skills and how to think about how to play the game. I hadn't expected all of that, but am excited about it. It makes me consider how important it is for him to apply the skills learned in a team sport to life and his journey with God. We need other people, some more knowledgeable, others at the same level as us and we need to work together. I'm hoping he'll stick with soccer. I finally signed him up (way to go Regina, having to pay the late registration fee) for the 08 - 09 season with the Kingfish, so my status of soccer mom is still on the books.


















If you tend to be a bit more conservative, you may want to skip this paragraph about one of the practical lessons he's learned in playing this sport. There are no "cups" in soccer...at least not at this stage. So, one of the things Dylan's coaches taught the boys was to "hide the boys". Think about it, look at the picture, uh huh, yes, yep...that's it. It cracks me up. A little out there, but when a kick is being made, it's important to know what to do and how to protect oneself.

It's not the exactly the same, but I believe God wants us to play, enjoy life to the full, but He also wants us to be protected...in Him.

I don't think I've totally lost my mind. There are a lot of transitions to our new family, so if you see me "hiding the boys" don't laugh or judge, just know that I'm under protection. (he, he)

No comments:

Post a Comment