Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dylanpalooza, Part 2 - Birthday Dinner

So, we continue to celebrate the 9 year old boy by having dinner with our family. Dylanpalooza continues with him having spaghetti and eating it with chopsticks. Then we had individual cupcakes (his being the biggest) with ice cream and the traditional song. We sat around and shared stories about this growing boy and smiled and laughed, expressing our gratitude for having him in our lives.

I shared about the time that he took the rubber cobra snake that I'd bought him and wrapped it around a container of milk before going to bed. The next morning, unlike every other morning, he stalled in his bedroom claiming it was important for him to get dressed first. With great manners, he asked if I'd fetch him his bowl of cereal (he didn't use the word "fetch" but I like British vocabulary and it tells the story a little better) and I did. When I went into the refrigerator to get the milk, there was the cobra carefully wound around the milk container, eyes and head looking directly at me. It scared me senseless. At the same time, I was encouraged at the thought and planning that had to go into that and the patience in waiting out the delivery. So funny...

Roger & Pam joined us for dinner. Mark makes a great, meaty spaghetti sauce. We had cheese bread and veggies and drank water and just spent time together which I believe really encourages Dylan. He got a couple of his gifts at the table, a Brewers hat from Mom & Dad (bought earlier in the day on the field trip) and then cash from Roger & Pam. Needless to say, the money was a big hit.

















Here we are together as a family, but the only thing missing is my parents. These are some of the things we miss when living so far apart. But, their thoughts were with him and he knows that he is loved from Wauwatosa to Stone Mountain and beyond.

Thank you God for family.




No comments:

Post a Comment