Monday, June 2, 2008

I heart ribs

So, I guess you could say I'm kind of a "rib snob". My dad, Willie Collins, is an extremely great rib chef - if you've been around when he has fired up the grill, you know it to be true (your mouth is watering even now isn't it?). But, we hadn't been out for a nice meal in a while and though I hardly like to eat other people's ribs without making a stink about it, these were good.

I'm writing this post almost two weeks after this double date with the Einseidels (our first double date since we've been married) and can't even recall the name of the restaurant. I wanted to have this picture taken to prove that we'd gotten to go out as adults and eat some good food and laugh and have a good time with good friends who would have been just as content to call it a night at 6:30 on a busy, hot Saturday.

We had a good time and talked a lot about Loren's elementary school teachers...you've gotta ask him about them sometime, prepare yourself for a gut-ache though, his delivery packs the punch. Though the night was light and fun, it got me to thinking about what my students would say about me as their 5th and 3rd grade teacher; what they will recall or dislike or retell to their children or out on dates with their friends years from now. I started to get a little wrapped up in all of that and then got quickly back to finishing my plate of ribs.

Umm, yummy, but dad, I miss you and your delicious ribs too!

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad (June 5th; 37 years)

No comments:

Post a Comment