Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Sabrina's Birthday Party!

So, Sabrina turned 9 in June too!
In the picture at the top is Sabrina and Dad (aka Mark) at Fun World! She loves the place. Never mind that it smells like smelly feet, she is queen of this place while celebrating her birthday. It was a great turnout from kids in her class and friends from church. I believe that she was truly encouraged.

The biggest birthday miracle was that I baked a cake. Yes, for those of you who know me...you're stunned. It's alright, close your mouth and take in a full breath. I baked the doll cake. Barbie is a lot like working with a celebrity though because things need to be done properly to make this work. A sister from church had just made this cake the day before for her daughter's birthday and inspired me to try it. I looked up the recipe on the Pampered Chef web page and really got into it. It was a great first time as I read a lot of the advice from previous bakers about how to make a great girl cake like this one. One of my favorite tips was to be sure to insert Barbie slowly into the cake because her hips would tear the cake (and mine did a bit). This tip was endearing to me, because it made Barbie more of a real woman...those hips, they can make it hard to find an outfit that is just right, ya know?

The work and experimentation was well worth it, because it brought a big smile to Sabrina's face. She is such a good helper in the kitchen, I fully expect that she'll be an asset when we make one for Veronica's birthday in August.

Happy Birthday Sabrina!

No comments:

Post a Comment