Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything...

So, I'm a baller.

A softballer...well, not really. I play for my church league this year for a team called, "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything". I haven't played softball in years; like 6 or 7 years. Mark and I signed up to play together, but with his knee being so unreliable (read: "Whoa Is Knee" post) I'm carrying the Erickson team this season. I really am having a good time. Since the last time I played, I've learned to relax more and really enjoy the game play-by-play. My high school cheerleading experience comes to the forefront as I am comfortable cheering on my teammates. Mark keeps talking me up, telling my coaches that I'm not afraid of the ball (pretty true) and that I have a strong arm (surprisingly kinda true). I have really enjoyed being a part of a team and league that isn't focused on the end results; though who am I kidding, we still keep score. Right now, I play right field. I haven't had much action out there, but I am in the game and loving it. I'm most encouraged that my family, whether E6 or E3, comes out to watch me play and be at the park. They are truly a great support.


I think our record is 1-2. We have a double header on 7/13 and I'll have no one there to cheer me on (Mark's driving a bunch of kids to pre-teen camp) so if you're reading this...I hope you'll come and cheer on the Pirates. Arrrrr!!!


I may not make any super huge plays or be the team star, but I'm in the game as a Pirate and I am doing SOMETHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment