Friday, August 1, 2008

Time Travel

So, we didn't have a July this year.

It was the busiest month that we've had in a long time (since March, preparing for our wedding) and it's almost hard to believe that we actually lived the month of July. I say this not because we did nothing, but because I didn't post any of our happenings onto the blog. For all six of you that read this somewhat regularly, I apologize for taking the month off - doesn't it sound better that July just didn't happen? We were so ultra busy.

From three Brewers games in one week (one with a tailgate and all four kids and friends) to the softball league each Sunday - three of which were doubleheaders, to two BBQs hosted at our home, to library visits (it's hard keeping up with all of those books) to Taylor being at camp for two weeks in different states to studying the Bible with someone each week to finally ordering our wedding photos (so many of them were good, it took a lot more effort than I'd anticipated) to initiating a prayer time with a sister everyday to being in a best friend's wedding to the Alicia Keys concert, it was busy. Did I forget to mention that I unpacked all of my husband's stuff this month?

Today is August 1st and I'm so grateful because I feel as if it gives me a new slate to attempt balance again. This month I want to spend more time reading my Bible with God, I'd like to read my book club book (Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky) and magazines, I'd like to get together with friends JUST to talk and laugh. I'd like to have quiet nights at home with my family and by myself. I want to be available and I want to be unreachable all at the same time. I wouldn't say that I'm striving for perfection, I know of no such thing except in Christ. But in my life and schedule, I'm instead hoping for true enjoyment of all of the moments that are laid before me; to be at peace and content in whatever way the day is delivered to me.

I don't want another month to pass by making me feel as though I've been moving at the speed of light only having moments, but not really living them. There were a lot of wonderful moments in the month of June. I am truly grateful for the memories, I only want to enjoy them as stories rather than highlights.

Here's to slowing down in the time travel machine that is life. And to enjoying and savoring moments like this one...


CaSondra Shim and me at Alicia Keys, Summerfest; "No One"

No comments:

Post a Comment