Saturday, August 30, 2008

Theatre Anyone?

So, he's not shy... This is a typical time with Dylan. He is a performer...I don't know where he gets it from (he, he)...but this one likes to make people smile. While sometimes his efforts can be over the top and straight out obnoxious, I have to say usually his attempts to help me lighten up are good ones.

I'm learning to be resolved that he's not going to share my organizational skills or my efforts to be a person who likes to create and maintain structure. Nope, I have given birth to an artsy, creative boy and am about to ride the whirlwind of a new journey in life as I support and cheer him on this unfamiliar route.

I am a reader and writer. I was a cheerleader and really like to dance. I like to be in crowds, but then truly like to be alone. I am entertained easily at times and other times too critical to enjoy anything...WAIT! This is my child. I think I am a bit envious though, he seems more fearless than I ever was. He'll make friends with anyone and has people intuition skills that I never would have pinpointed at his age.

So, with that said, he's signed up for Drama Workshop this winter, he plays the recorder as all 4th graders do, he's holding out for drum lessons - he seems to really be dedicated to it. He is an avid reader and likes to draw and tell stories, he loves reading his Bible and still after three years says that he wants to put on plays for poor people.

Since that'll be us after feeding four kids over the next decade and some change, he'll have a pretty reliable audience in our family. I pray that he finds a way to put these talents to use in the church and bring God glory. Watching your children grow up, you see the potential God must see in us and it's awe inspiring. God really knows what He's doing.

Put your money aside now, because the Dylan Theatre is coming to a venue near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment