Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween 2010

Yes, that is Sabrina & Veronica on the dance floor!

They are at a Halloween Dance for kids with Down Syndrome. Mark and the three youngest made their debut at the event and had a great time. There was dinner, a DJ and I believe there was a football game on for the conflicted ones who shall not be named. I'm so glad that Mark took the kids, it was such a great time for them!

Oh, before I forget...Sabrina is a modern day Mulan, Veronica is a fairy princess (don't know where her wings are) and Dylan - out of the shot - is performing magic tricks for some of the other attendees as Obewon Kenobe. Mark is the photographer, along for the ride, making sure the kids have as much fun as their little bodies can stand.

Me & Taylor you ask? We're home...chillin', chillaxin', relaxing, mellowed out (get it?!?). We passed on the noise and fun and traded up (in our home body opinions) for a quiet house. Taylor watched tv, checked his facebook page and played the guitar and I finished the final 250 pages of a 750 page book (finally done with the Harry Potter series - and it only took me 5 months). Our costumes were more of the potato resting on a couch in a leisurely manner type of costume:)

It was a great day. Really, it was. Since I was baptized 11 years ago on this day; I find it changes the vibe of Halloween for me. This is the longest I've been committed to ANYTHING. A marriage, a job, a child, one city, a house...I've not done anything that's required the efforts of being a disciple of Christ and I know I have so much more to learn. God taught me that He will always provide what we need and in the crazy of our family, no matter how diverse. We were altogether at church and ate lunch together while watching the Packer game and then it was scattered for the fun. I think that the more I learn about being flexible, the more God is able to meet the vast needs of my family - I just have to lovingly step aside and let Him do His thing; and this Halloween was proof of that.



No comments:

Post a Comment