Tuesday, January 12, 2010

New Year, New Me

I saw Julie & Julia twice in one week.  It motivated me to make sure that I take some opportunities to "just" write.  I often delay in writing and presenting these posts because I've convinced myself that my reader (thanks Mom!) needs a picture.  Most of the time, I will take photos and I will use them to help me write, but I want to be in the habit of getting to this and getting it out to you.  

With a New Year comes resolutions.  I didn't do the research to figure out why we are so fond of them, I only know that my personal track record with these has a pretty low success rate (for remembering the resolutions AND following through with them).  As I am a baptized disciple of Jesus Christ (10 years on Halloween 2009), it is inherent that I must embrace the word, "transformation."  It is real and necessary to have a personal relationship with Him.  I believe in its power, therefore, I trust it to change me.

That said, I still didn't come up with any specific resolutions, but even being only 12 days into the 2010 year, I see something that I believe that God and those close to me would be glad if I could give some extra attention to.  And that friends is...HUMILITY.    That's right, HUMILITY.  I'm writing it in all capital letters because I'm shouting it for you to hear, I'm actually proclaiming it.  I am focused on being a humble woman of God.  Now, don't get me wrong, I realize that putting it out there for you to read means that you'll be checking up on me to see how said humility goes...

That's a part of why I'm doing it.  The bigger reason is to bring glory to God.  Since I've been trying for a few decades now to be a humble, secure woman, not needing to compare myself or judge others based upon my experience, train of thought or my emotions toward them - to no avail, it will be only by the grace of God that I can be transformed into a woman of sincere humility.  

I don't have a detailed, outlined plan.  My basic plan at this point is to pray daily and read scriptures about humility, memorize them and then when the opportunities come (as I know they will) to BE humble.  I believe God can work with that plan and probably has bigger, better plans than that - gotta start somewhere right?

To be honest, I'm not as enthusiastic about this as say an all-expense paid trip to Mexico, but, I'm eager to reap the benefits of obedience to God and true transformation away from pride and judgement.  2010 seems as good a year as any to be changed, right?

If this is all gibberish to you and you want it all simplified, my only other goal is to read all 7 of the Harry Potter books this summer.   Over 4000 pages in 3 months...

New Year: happy - New Me: holy


1 comment:

  1. Yeah- I know you can do it Regina- I have Faith in you and GOD will CHANGE you if you let HIM! Love CaS

    ReplyDelete