Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Our "4 Christmases"

Did you see the movie?  HI-larious!  Our version of 4 Christmases wasn't nearly as intense and crazy, but worthy of mention. 

Taylor, Sabrina & Veronica were still sharing a week at their mother's house and Mark was working an extra shift at Children's Court Center leaving me and Dylan to fend for ourselves on the eve of Christmas Eve Day.   True to Wisconsin weather, it is unpredictable, threatening our opportunity to visit family and friends back in Madison.   After talking to the man and praying to God, we jumped on the road and I'm so glad we did.

First stop:  the Bowlings.  It was so good to give Vanessa a hug and exchange Christmas gifts.  V, I'm so glad you liked the book.  I only considered taking pictures AFTER I left their home.  
Second stop:  Roselawn Memorial Park for Dylan to visit Chad's grave site.   It doesn't really get easier.  Due to the depth of the snow, we didn't stay very long, but I know that it was encouraging for Dylan to be able to make the trip.


Third stop: Hoytes.  Dylan's first time seeing the twins and first time in a long time visiting with Shiloh.  Amy is really like this.  She doesn't ACT like she's happy to have twins and little sleep and one in school...she really is a woman who lives at peace in her walk with God.  I have so much to learn.  Glad you liked your book too Amy!



Final stop:  Groths/Harborts.  This is family for us.  Through some challenging times & decisions, I learned a lot about choosing love from these folks.  Thank you.  I hope we'll see you in Milwaukee this year.

I am so glad we made the trip to Madison a priority.  It's been on my mind so much how little guarantee that we'll get a chance to show our love to those we don't have the privilege of seeing everyday or every week, so I wanted to set an example for my shorty (Dylan) and wrap my arms around these special people.

It was a Merry Christmas 2 days early, 4 times over.




No comments:

Post a Comment